Mum's all-time favourite dish is the Mexican Marinated Tofu with Sautéed Veggies and Roasted Pumpkin & Sesame Seeds. With just a frying pan and 20 minutes, you can whip up this delectable meal that's sure to satisfy your taste buds.
1tablespoon sesame seeds
1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
For the marinade:
140g firm tofu (I love the brand Naked!), cut into squares
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ cumin seeds (optional)
1 garlic clove finely grated or chopped
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
½ rock salt
2 tablespoons lime juice
2 teaspoon chilli powder
For the stir fry:
1 tablespoon olive oil for the stir fry
Assorted veggies. In this case I used, carrots, broccoli, spring onions, courgettes
Extra rock salt for the stir fry
1. Dry roast the pumpkin seeds. When they get brownish, add the brown sesame seeds. Set them aside when they start to crackle.
2. In a bowl add the ingredients for the marinate: olive oil, cumin seeds, garlic, paprika, rock salt, lime juice and chilli powder. Then add the tofu and let it rest for at least 15 minutes.
3. Now the stir fry, put the oil in the frying pan and let it heat up. When it’s really hot, add the finely chopped vegetables and let them cook for 5 minutes. Stir them continuously. They are perfect for me when I feel them crunchy. When they are ready, set them aside in another bowl.
4. Without washing the frying pan, add the marinated tofu and let it cook one side and then the other. When it starts to get brownish, incorporate it to the vegetables.
5. Top it up with the roasted pumpkin and sesame seeds.
6. You can serve with basmati rice or red rice.
For Kapha: less rice and more vegetables.
For Pitta: avoid making it too pungent and or to over-indulge.
For Vata: not too pungent either and always favour hot meals.