Indulge in a delicious and healthy treat with this 20-minute one-pot Thai green curry recipe.
1 big tbsp of coconut oil
1 tbsp green curry (or less if you don’t like too pungent)
A chunk of fresh ginger
Lemongrass or 1 clove and 1 staranise
1/2 green chilli
1 can of coconut milk
1 cup stock
1/2 butternut squash, peeled and cut into cubes
1/2 bay leaf or kaffir leaf
1/2 broccoli cut into small florets
1 cup fresh edamame beans (or any bean)
1/2 lemon juice
A handful of pistachios
1. Put the oil in the frying pan and let it heat up. Add the onion and cook it until it’s translucent.
2. Stir the green curry and then add the green chilli, ginger, clove and staranise.
3. When the spices release their aroma, add the coconut milk, stock, butternut squash and bay leaf or kefir leaf at medium/low heat.
4. When the butternut squash is half way cooked, add the broccoli and the edamame beans.
5. When everything is ready, the lemon juice.
6. Top it up with pistachios and you can serve with basmati rice or red rice.
For Kapha: less rice and more vegetables.
For Pitta: avoid making it too pungent. And please avoid overindulging ;)
For Vata: not too pungent either. Sit down and take your time ;)