Wishing you a spooky Halloween filled with lots of chocolate spiders 🕷️🍫.
Why not give this scrumptious recipe a try? Camilo couldn't get enough of it! Although, I must admit, I completely forgot that spiders have eight legs 🙃. But hey, it's all part of the Halloween fun 🎃.
130g pitted dates (or raisins)
130g almonds (or any other nut)
20g raw cocoa powder
Ground spices mix like cinnamon and cardamom
50g maple syrup
2 tablespoons shredded coconut
100g 85% dark chocolate
Extra maple syrup for dark chocolate (optional)
White chocolate chips for the eyes
1. Start blending the dates first. Set aside and go for the nuts.
2. Then add the dates back to the blending cup and add the spices, cocoa powder. Blend everything together. Add the maple syrup and with a spoon mix the preparation.
4. The consistency is perfect to make the balls. You may need to dampen your hands first to help shape the chocolate balls.
5. Then, melt the dark chocolate over a baine marie. As some kids may find it too bitter, you can add a bit of maple syrup to sweeten it.
6. Grab a skewer (I didn't have one so I used a chopstick 🥢), stick it to the power ball and dip it into the melted chocolate. You can use a rack to place them. I used a chapati rack.
7. Put them in the fridge for 30 min and decorate it with white chocolate chips as eyes.
Enjoy this deliciously spooky recipe as a snack treat. Nutritious and no sugar high guarantee.