Here is a delightful and wholesome wrap that is perfect for taking to the office or as a side dish for your meal.
Fruits and vegetables can be categorized into five different colors: red, purple/blue, orange/yellow, green, and brown/white. While the color itself may not indicate the specific vitamins, minerals, or disease-fighting chemicals it contains, combining them allows us to incorporate essential nutrients into our daily diet. By enjoying a rainbow of fruits and vegetables, we not only ensure we are getting the necessary nutrients to prevent illnesses, but we also uplift our mood with a variety of attractive and vibrant colors on our plate.
1 spinach wrap
Moroccan hummus or any other you enjoy
Grated mooli* (also known as radish or Daikon)
5 or 6 Sundried tomatoes and a dessert spoon of its oil (or grated beetroot)
A few drops Tabasco sauce (to taste)
Rock salt to taste.
1. Spread a generous amount of hummus evenly across the wrap.
2. Layer on slices of radish, followed by a thin layer of carrots and sundried tomatoes.
3. Drizzle the wrap with its oil or olive oil, and add a few drops of Tabasco sauce for an extra kick. Season with rock salt to taste.
4. Roll up the wrap tightly and enjoy!
* According to Ayurveda, Mooli or radish helps balance all three doshas, making it beneficial for everyone. It has a pungent and bitter taste and is easily digestible. You can incorporate it into salads, dhals, or sauté it as a vegetable. It is excellent for digestion and can be used to alleviate symptoms of diabetes, fever, cold, cough, allergies, and throat disorders.